Monday, February 2, 2009

Big Fish in a Small Pond

I'm sure at some point in your life you've contemplated the big question --"Would you rather be a big fish in a little pond, or a little fish in a big pond?" I, myself, (I know, bad grammer, but used for emphasis....) have come to the realization that I am a little fish in a little pond. But I digress....


My older brother and his wife came down to enjoy some Florida weather, getting out of the sub-zero snow and ice of Iowa. (Even the state trees -- the telephone poles -- are bowing under the weight...) But, I digress again...


We took them to something they could never experience in Iowa -- The Cumquat Festival in downtown Dade City. Talk about excitement! Now, actually it was enjoyable with ALOT of people, but I'm talking the proverbial "little pond" called Dade City. Just try and figure out what a cumquat really is...... let me know when you find out.


As we walked, we ran across the Cumquat Festival QUEEN, in all her glory, along with her "court". Now, she was a very cute girl, and seemed to be having fun. And she got a lot of attention, etc. It had to be a real treat to win this out of all her peers, etc. But, come on, the Cumquat Festival Queen from Dade City...... is that something that will go on the resume to guarantee that big job opportunity?

Anyway, I say enjoy the days of being a big fish any chance you get, because we all feel like the little fish most of the time......

Hope you have a "big fish" day today.

No comments: